Nursery protection from Vine Weevil with Nemasys-L
28 February 2019 | 0
Left untreated Black Vine Weevil larvae can cause serious crop damage. They are one of the most serious pests seen on ornamental nurseries and are a constant threat as adults can arrive on site from any number of sources – including bought-in plants – and will then establish a population.
Once on site, Black Vine Weevil numbers can build rapidly over one or two years, and if not kept in-check, can cause considerable damage to nurseries.
Nemasys-L is a curative treatment of microscopic nematode worms, that once applied will seek out Vine Weevil larvae in the soil and compost to enter and release a small pellet of bacteria to kill the host after a few days.
The parasitic worms begin to reproduce and release several thousand more juvenile infected nematodes able to find and further kill weevil grubs.
Other benefits of Nemasys-L include:
- Active at low temperature (5-15C) providing control when pest is active.
- Simply applied as a drench or spray.
- No pest resistance issues.
- Compatible with many chemical pesticides or integrated pest management (IPM) systems.
- Natural product – safe for crops, users, consumers, and the environment.
Order your Nemasys-L is from National Agrochemical Distributors (NAD) now for March application. For further information please contact the NAD sales team on: 01-8437808 or via email: email@example.com. Fargro products are distributed in Ireland by NAD. For more, see