IISS to hold synthetic surface maintenance training course
The one-day training course will cover a broad range of topics from surface types to governing body standards.
26 September 2019
The Irish Institute Sports Surfaces (IISS) will hold a one-day synthetic surface maintenance training course on October 29.
The one-day training course will explore:
- The history of synthetic surfaces.
- Carpet and surface types, piles, stitchings, and poured rubber surfaces.
- Different surfaces for different sports.
- Governing body standards including the Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA), Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), World Rugby, Fédération Internationale de Hockey (FIH), and International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF).
- Maintenance and auditing of your synthetic surface.
There will also be a site visit and a maintenance demonstration. The event will take place in Dublin with the exact location of the training course to be announced. To enrol in the training course and secure your place, email email@example.com.