Final call for David Colegrave Foundation scholarship applications
14 January 2021 | 0
The David Colegrave Foundation is urging students to take advantage of available funding in its final call for scholarship applications.
This year there are seven scholarships to apply for. These include:
- British Protected Ornamentals Association – Peter Seabrook Bursary – £1,000– for students studying commercial horticulture. The scholarship is also available to schools and horticultural colleges to finance trips for students over 16 years of age to leading commercial horticultural establishments.
- HortTech Award – £5,000 – HortTech Award– for students who can show a keen interest in HortTech, academics who are actively engaged in the teaching and/or development of horticultural technologies, or individuals working in this field who are looking for funding to start to develop, or further their existing work on, a bright idea.
- John Gibson Environmental Scholarship – £1,500– for students who have demonstrated a keen interest in environmental solutions and sustainable applications as applied to commercial horticulture.
- Horticultural Research Scholarship – £2,500 –for students with proven merit who are keen to pursue a research career in the horticultural industry. This includes undergraduates, postgraduates and those studying for doctoral degrees.
- Ball Colegrave Sponsored Travel Scholarship – £1,500– for an employee in the early stages of their career at a commercial bedding plant nursery, or a student studying horticulture with an interest in commercial bedding plants and travel.
- Student Scholarship – £1,000– for any students studying horticulture. Preference will however be given to candidates who have an interest in commercial and production ornamental horticulture, especially with an emphasis on the bedding, container, pot plant and cut flower sectors. There are five scholarships to be awarded.
Colleges are urged to get involved and encourage their horticulture students to apply.
DCF has awarded almost £100,000 over the last ten years towards study tours, work placements, college tuition, accommodation fees, books, equipment, and extra training courses.
Applications close 31 January 2020. To apply, visit www.davidcolegravefoundation.org.uk