Innovative drone to create greener fields for Ireland’s farms
ZenaDrone is a professional spec two-meter drone that uses specialised high-definition camera and computer vision to monitor and treat crop plantations across large areas
4 November 2021 | 0
Canadian tech firm ZenaTech’s newest venture – the ZenaDrone 1000 – is now available in Ireland. ZenaDrone is a professional spec two-meter drone for the agri-industry that uses specialised high-definition camera and computer vision to monitor and treat crop plantations across large areas.
ZenaDrone 1000’s features include:
- Plant Disease Detection – ZenaDrone can monitor plant health and potential problems using its multispectral sensor
- Intelligent flight battery – ZenaDrone has a built-in and long-lasting battery for extended and uninterrupted flight time of up to 60 minutes
- Automatic charging – wireless charging pad that detects the source of power automatically and charges in 60 minutes
- VTOL flight mode – ZenaDrone can hover steadily, take off and land even during rough winds and requires less horizontal space to launch
- OctaCopter Drone – Eight propellers provide greater lift, faster movement, and stability
- Carbon Fibre Body – the frame, body and mounting plates consist of robust composite carbon fibre for a durable drone
The launch of ZenaDrone in Ireland will create up to 30 Irish jobs over the next 12 months, including roles in design and development, technical support, and sales and marketing.
The ZenaDrone 1000 is the latest iteration of the drone, created entirely in-house by the company’s design team. It consists of industrial and automated sensors for monitoring, a high-definition camera for image and video capturing, GPRS abilities, and carbon fibre shell coating for durability. It is capable of hovering for an extended period with its long-lasting battery giving it a total of 60 minutes flight time. The OctoCopra feature enables camera stabilization and a vertical take-off and landing mechanism. It is the smallest lightweight flying camera that can record 4K videos, capture high megapixel photos, proficient in both active tracks, and tap flying for effortless complex shots. It is made explicitly for multipurpose uses in various industries, especially in farming.
“At ZenaDrone, our team has a commitment to innovate, improve, test, and enhance our drone technology to help meet the needs of the farmers in these uncertain times,” said CEO and founder of ZenaDrone, Dr Shaun Passley. “We strive to ensure that we are providing the latest tech, most advanced software and best customer service. We look forward to being able to help Irish farmers and producers and also to welcoming more Irish talent to the ZenaDrone team.”
ZenaTech is a technology solution provider that specialises in drone development, tracking solutions, augmented reality, and more.