Nursery stock seminar to take place in Ashtown
26 September 2019 | 0
Teagasc will host a nursery stock seminar in the Teagasc Ashtown Food Research Centre, Ashtown, Dublin 15, on Wednesday, October 23, from 9am to 1pm.
The seminar will host a diverse lineup of national and international speakers. Talks will cover a broad range of topics including plant passports and traceability, pest risk analysis, and trading in Ireland with current and new legislation.
See below for the full list of topics and speakers.
- Pest risk analysis and how it can protect our industry – overview of pest threats for the UK and Ireland. Presented by Dr Melanie Tuffen, committee member of International Pest Risk Research Group.
- Plant passports and traceability – new system from December 2019. Presented by Oliver McEvoy of the Department of Agriculture, Food and Marine (DAFM).
- Trading in Ireland with current and new legislation. Presented by Fiona McKenna of the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA), Northern Ireland.
- Containerised and field production research updates and plant trial results from LKSH. Presented by Andreas Wrede, of LKSH, Germany.
- Potential future direction of the nursery stock sector in Europe and further afield. Presented by Tim Edwards of Bonningale Nursery, UK.
- Foam Stream weed control demonstration and discussion. Presented by Noel Furlong of Furlong Equipment.
If you are interested in attending this event, register for your space here.