Free webinar explores developing ornamental horticulture in China
Growers and traders invited to take the pulse of what is happening within China’s ornamental horticulture industry
11 February 2021 | 0
Join a free webinar on Tuesday 23 February 2021 at 1pm to take the pulse of what is happening within China’s ornamental horticulture industry.
FloraCulture International (FCI) magazine, supported by the International Association of Horticultural Producers (AIPH), invites ornamental growers and traders worldwide to learn about the Chinese flowers industry.
There will be five presenters for the ‘Understanding and developing ornamental horticulture in China’ webinar who are all key stakeholders ready to illuminate in abundance the opportunities and challenges in this country’s market.
Speakers at the event include:
- Wouter Verhey, the agricultural counsellor at the Dutch Embassy in Beijing. He will discuss the state of China’s ornamentals sector while reflecting on the impact from, and responses to, the coronavirus pandemic.
- Julienne Zhu will represent the nursery stock section of the China Flower Association (CFA), the industry’s most potent voice. She will highlight the challenges and opportunities of nursery stock products in the People’s Republic of China and the change and progress this fast-growing sector experienced over the past few decades.
- Katherine Fan Young is the sales manager at Dutch-based Holex, which is arguably among the big players in exporting flowers from the Netherlands to China. Katherine will detail how Holex’s wholly-owned Shanghai office today serves as an important logistics hub where flowers sourced worldwide come together to sell to Chinese shoppers who are always looking for new and niche products.
- Just Roos will speak on behalf of horticultural engineering company Codema Cultivation Systems from the Netherlands. This company leads the way in supporting ornamentals and fresh produce growers with the right technology. Codema opened its Beijing branch in November 2019 to be closer to their Chinese customers. One of them is AiBiDa for which Codema fits a mega rose farm in Lanzhou with state-of-the-art greenhouse technology.
- Arnoud Touw is ICL specialty fertilisers’ business lead in Asia for turf & ornamental. He will explain why its iconic fertiliser brands Osmocote and Peter Professional are gaining momentum with Chinese growers working with containerised nursery stock and potted plants.
After the presentations, there will be a chance for webinar participants to ask questions and discuss strategies.
To attend the free webinar register at https://bit.ly/3d2Y8DW