Garden centre design trends for 2018
Thermoflor is a pioneering company specialising in the construction of garden centres worldwide. Be sure to check them out at GLAS, Stand A6.
17 July 2018 | 0
Thermoflor’s vast experience in the construction of garden centres have enabled them to advise garden centre owners about the latest garden centre design trends in design and build.
The latest trends in garden centre construction for 2018 are:
- Architectural eyecatchers such as a striking entrance (the Breda Intratuin) or an unusually designed restaurant (the Duiven Intratuin).
- Use of new energy technology such as heat pumps, thermal energy storage systems and integration of solar panels on the roof.
- Use of better insulated materials.
- Circular building – reusing materials.
- Greater multifunctionality of buildings by using different heights and different types of roofs.
- Larger catering facilities.
- Retail and entertainment combined in a single building.
- Various other trends such as LED lighting, anthracite steel structures, and the integration of Christmas banners in the greenhouse structure.
Inspirational tour powered by Thermoflor
As Thermoflor sees a trend in retail to integrate leisure activities, their aim is to inspire customers with ways of enhancing their garden centre with entertainment; for this reason, Thermoflor is organising a “Retail Meets Leisure” tour for garden centre owners on September 27.
Thermoflor will take garden centre owners on a tour of three inspiring places to show the latest developments in the leisure and hospitality industries:
- The Duiven branch of the Dutch Intratuin chain of garden centres: 26,000 square metres of inspiration including a new restaurant with seating for 1000 visitors and an indoor/ outdoor playground measuring 1000 m2.
- Inspirium Centre Breda: the next step in hospitality – trendsetting catering design.
- Coppelmans in Nuenen: a completely new garden centre and restaurant incorporating lots of wooden elements.
If you wish to schedule a meeting with Thermoflor at GLAS, be sure to make-use of the “meeting request” option, available to all attendees at GLAS. Simply click “meeting request” beside Thermoflor’s name on the list of GLAS exhibitors, which you can find here.