GLDA’s annual seminar available to watch on demand
22 April 2021 | 0
If you missed this year’s Garden & Landscape Designers Association (GLDA’s) seminar, you can now catch it online. All presentations and Q&A sessions from the event, which took place 27 February, have been made available to watch on demand.
The theme for the seminar was ‘Designing in Challenging Times, A Shift in Perspective’, as landscape and garden designers have continued to respond to environmental, economic, and societal challenges with renewed creativity over the last 12 months.
Complete with several expert speakers and questions & answers sessions, the event explored how garden and landscape designers around the world are rising to today’s challenges.
The headline speakers included:
- Aniket Bhagwat, India’s most influential landscape architect, making his second appearance at the GLDA seminar. Bhagwat believes that every space must be designed to tell narratives and challenge the conventional notions associated with any design typology.
- Sarah Eberle, one of the UK’s leading garden designers, who designs private gardens both rural and urban, along with successful show gardens at Chelsea and abroad.
- Martí Franch, one of the most significant landscape architects working in Catalonia today. Franch is the founding manager of EMF Landscape, a multidisciplinary mix of experts in the field of urban and environmental design.
- Carrie Preston, an American garden designer living and working in The Netherlands. Preston’s passion is designing beautiful, livable, and functional gardens, giving attention to biodiversity and at the same time being affordable by reusing materials in a trendy way and the use of mostly native plants.
- Darina Allen of Ballymaloe Cookery School, Organic Farm & Gardens, is Ireland’s best-known cook and a best-selling author. Allen advocates the need to move to more sustainable forms of food production to help to reduce climate change and benefit our health.
To watch the videos, you need to purchase a ticket. Ticket prices for each category are:
- Non-member €70
- Non-member & 1 year Friend subscription €110
- Member €60
- Student & 1 year Student membership €45
For more information or to watch the event, visit: https://glda.ie/watch-seminar-2021/