Have what it takes to work with leaders in horticulture?
Uniplumo are looking to add a Transport Planning Executive to their quality team of staff.
6 April 2018
Uniplumo is a 50 year old Irish grower and producer of ornamental pot and bedding plants and plant products in Ireland. A volume importer of house and garden plants, Uniplumo have their own in-house new product development and creative team.
Uniplumo are a Bord Bia certified grower and event specialists with a leading edge on the most up-to-date designs of bespoke living gifts. They strive to maintain their established reputation for high quality plants and leading plant product design innovation.
Uniplumo’s clients include the major multiple retailers, and independent garden centres with a mix of branded and own label plants and plant products.
Seeking: Transport Planning Executive, Horticulture, Co. Dublin, Ireland. Permanent — Full Time.
About the Role
An opportunity has arisen for a Transport Planning Executive with responsibility for managing our day to day nationwide transport plan within our direct delivery product channel. Based in Wyestown, Oldtown, Co. Dublin and reporting to the General Manager, this role has responsibility for the coordination and day to day management of all fleet distribution vehicles.
Principal Accountabilities will include:
- Responsible for route management and optimisation.
- Responsible for driver recruitment, assessments and training in conjunction with the Commercial Manager.
- Full responsibility for ensuring all drivers are complying with legislation in relation to:
- Driving Licence.
- Tacho Graphs.
- Drivers Hours.
- Health & Safety.
- Manage and control stock on all fleet vehicles including returns.
- Responsible for accident management and reporting.
- Oversee the maintenance schedules of all vehicles. Liaise with vehicle maintenance contractors and suppliers.
- Operation within budgetary controls.
- Service level reporting, issue identification and resolution.
- Meeting and exceeding service levels.
- Responsible for ensuring all drivers are meeting their expected delivery times and dealing with inefficiencies.
- Driving continuous improvement within the Transport department.
- Provide driver cover as required.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Excellent communication and administration skills.
- Capable of working on own initiative.
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment.
Salary / Package
- Circa €/to attract the best / D.O.E.
- Company Pension
- Company Mobile Phone
If you meet the minimum requirements for this role and would like to be considered please send up to date CV and cover letter to email@example.com If you would like to discuss the role in more detail before submitting your CV please contact Tom on 01 8401888.
Closing Date 5PM Friday April 13th 2018.