Teagasc to host series of events for Science Week 2021
Teagasc will highlight the interesting careers available in horticulture during its 'Wonder of Horticulture' event
4 November 2021 | 0
Teagasc will host a series of virtual and in-person events as part of Science Week 2021. Part of ‘The Festival of Farming and Food’, attendees will be given a chance to discover the benefits of plant diversity, explore all things fruit and veg, and share their thoughts on how Irish researchers could create a better future.
Its Wonderful World of Horticulture event, which takes place 10 November at 12:30, will highlight the interesting careers available in horticulture. There, participants can meet horticultural scientists from the National Botanic Gardens and Teagasc Horticultural research site in Ashtown, Dublin. This event is aimed at those interested in a career in horticulture – from second-level students to an adult audience.
Other events scheduled to take place during Science Week include:
- 7 November– Trails and Tales – Castlemorris Wood, Kilkenny
- 8 November– Creating our Future
- 9 November– 60 Minute Science – Benefits of Diversity for Farming
- 10 November – The Wonder of Horticulture
- 11 November– Sustainable, Nutritious and Delicious – What’s New in Fruit and Veg?
- 12 November– Kid’s corner: Facts about cows, milk and grass
- 13 November– Trails and Tales – Jenkinstown Wood, Kilkenny
Running from 7 – 14 November, those joining the virtual events live will be given a chance to participate in live Q&A sessions.
All events are free to attend but must be pre-booked. Registrations must be made by an adult and all children must be accompanied by an adult at events.
This festival is sponsored by Science Foundation Ireland and Teagasc (Agriculture and Food Development Authority).
For more information, visit:www.teagasc.ie/corporate-events/science-week/