AIPH and Union Fleurs publish flower and plant statistical yearbook
This latest volume contains the current available data on the global production and trade of ornamental plants and flowers.
19 November 2019
The International Association of Horticultural Producers (AIPH), in association with Union Fleurs – the International Flower Trade Association – has published International Statistics Flowers and Plants 2019.
The 67th version of this annual publication contains current available data on the global production and trade of ornamental plants and flowers.
The International Statistics Flowers and Plants yearbook is the most comprehensive collection of data for the ornamental plants and flower industry.
It is the result of extensive research and data compiled by Leibniz University of Hannover. The statistics yearbook provides production data for over 40 countries, detailed country breakdowns, product comparisons, market data and prices, and global import and export data.
The 2019 Yearbook is published as a pdf document and features 214 pages of illustrations, tables, diagrams, and maps of key industry data. Trade data is also available in Excel spreadsheets.
New data contained in the 2019 Statistics Yearbook includes:
- Per capita consumption figures for Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, UK, Japan, and US.
- Data on area and production for Malaysia.
- Additional summary information for Canada, the Netherlands, and the US.
- A new country table and map for Australia.
- New graphs and additional information for Colombia, Japan, and the US.
- Extended trade tables for the Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Morocco, and New Zealand.
- Two new world maps show the most important countries for producing and exporting cut flowers.
“The 67th edition contains even more analytical information on the production and trade of ornamentals and provides critical statistics to the industry globally”, said Tim Briercliffe, AIPH secretary general.
“The statistics yearbook offers an invaluable and detailed picture of the latest available data on the global production and trade of flowers and plants. It is a unique set of reference for anyone – trade, production, policy-makers, researchers – who wishes to gain an in-depth understanding of the latest state and trends of the flower and plants industry.”, said Sylvie Mamias, Union Fleurs secretary general.
The 2019 yearbook can be purchased from AIPH in three different variations:
- Full statistics yearbook – production data and trade data, €190.
- Production data only, €140.
- Trade data only, €140.