Dream opportunity for greenkeepers and superintendents
Every greenkeeper in Ireland has the chance to be part of golf's most prominent golfing event, and also the third largest sporting event in the world - the Ryder Cup.
26 March 2018 | 0
The Federation of European Golf Greenkeepers Associations (FEGGA) and its supporting partners Capillary Concrete and Le Golf National are offering 10 support team placements to golf course greenkeepers and superintendents who will work to provide the ultimate playing conditions for the world’s top 24 professional golfers from Europe and the US at Ryder Cup 2018.
The opportunity will also combine education, networking, and business relationship opportunities, which will enhance what will be a memorable experience for all attending as chosen support team members.
- Every greenkeeper or superintendent member of a FEGGA National Greenkeeper Association is invited to submit an application to qualify to attend, and to be part of this unique team of outstanding professionals for those lucky enough to be selected.
- All applicants must be supported by their respected association which in Ireland is the Golf Course Superintendents Association of Ireland (GCSAI).
- It will provide unique hands-on experience at preparing and maintaining the Albatross Course at Le Golf National, both before and during the Ryder Cup Matches. This will also be combined with educational sessions, and career development clinics led by leading teachers in the industry.
- This will be seven days of unique experience and education; meeting colleagues from all countries in a work/education environment, topped with the electrifying excitement of that unique live Ryder Cup experience.
All Greenkeepers / Superintendents selected will have:
- All accommodation and food provided during their stay.
- Will be supplied with a Ryder Cup uniform.
- Will be given support of €150 for their respected travel from home to the selected airport in Paris (Europe).
All applicants are required to:
- Have a minimum of three years’ experience working as a greenkeeper and been member of their respected association for a period of two years.
- Must be able to work the period 24 -30 September 2018.
- Confirm they will conduct themselves to the highest possible standard while on site adhering to The Le Golf National rules and regulations and codes of work practices during their stay.
All applications to be submitted through an official application form here.