Veon is hiring new forestry workers for Southeast region
27 September 2022 | 0
Veon is currently recruiting forestry workers to join its maintenance crew in the Southeast region. The successful candidates will be based in the Kilkenny/Wexford area and will cover the Southeast region of the country.
Veon is Ireland’s leading forestry and ecology consultancy specialising in commercial forestry enterprise for all types of woodland owners and ecology service solutions for high-net-worth investors, pension funds, institutional investors, and family wealth offices.
For over 25 years, Veon has been offering forest management services to woodland estate owners, investors, and farmers. It manages approximately 14,000 ha of forests throughout Ireland and Scotland.
Benefits of forestry worker role:
- Competitive salary (piecework rate)
- Ongoing relevant training
- Opportunities for development within a growing organisation
- Retention bonus
- Service-related pay awards
- Permanent, full-time role
Responsibilities of forestry worker role:
- Planting and filling in trees on commercial sites
- Chemical spraying (Weevil, spot spray) and fertilising
- Other forestry maintenance tasks as required
Experience/Personal Attributes required for forestry worker role:
- This role is based outdoors and is a manual role. Only those with previous forestry or agricultural/outdoor experience should apply
- Proven work ethic is essential
- Own transport and driving licence are essential to travel to site
- Forestry related certificates are desirable e.g., spraying, manual handling, first aid
- Good team player
Applications including CV should be sent to email@example.com, closing date for applications is 31 October 2022.