Teagasc hiring for college teacher position
Teagasc are hiring a horticulture college teacher to cover a maternity leave vacancy within the college. Based at the College of Amenity Horticulture, the post will have an indicative duration of 10 months.
11 March 2019 | 0
|Post Type:||Maternity Leave Cover – Indicative duration of 10 months.|
|Location:||Teagasc, College of Amenity Horticulture, National Botanic Gardens, Glasnevin, Dublin 9.|
|Reporting To:||College Principal and/or other nominated manager.|
|Grade/Salary:||Agricultural Development Officer Grade I with a starting salary of €33,387 per annum.
Starting pay will be at the minimum of the scale as per Government Circular E100/8/82. Exceptional circumstances may apply for candidates with current or recent service in the public sector.
Remuneration may be adjusted from time to time in line with Government policy.
|Basic Function:||The successful candidate will be required to operate as part of a team in the development and delivery of land based education in general horticulture to a wide range of courses/programmes within the College of Amenity Horticulture. The person appointed to this post will be assigned to the teaching staff of the College.|
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare assessment papers in accordance with Quality & Qualifications Ireland (QQI) guidelines.
- Correct, record, verify and inform students of their progress in the assessment system.
- Provide tutorials to students on class work and practicals related to their chosen course.
- Assist with schools and career open days in order to market the courses and give guidance on likely job opportunities for school leavers and mature students.
- Prepare and deliver quality lecture and class material across a range of horticulture topics to different College courses and programmes.
- Provide material for practicals, open days, in-service training and educational exhibits.
- Implement quality assurance including internal verification.
- Manage the health, safety and welfare of students.
- Liaise with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in the annual business planning and risk management process for the College.
- Maintain responsibility for professional development and training through active participation in the Performance Management Development System (PMDS).
- Assist management and administrative staff in achieving good governance and risk management through co-operation and adherence to administrative procedures and practices.
- Assist Teagasc in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service charter and action plan.
- Work ‘out of hours’ when needed.
- Fully co-operate with the provisions made for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of themselves, fellow staff and non-Teagasc staff and co-operate with management in enabling Teagasc to comply with legal obligations. This includes full compliance with the responsibilities outlined in the Safety Statement.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
* This job specification is intended as a guide to the general range of duties and is intended to be neither definitive nor restrictive.
Note: The ‘essential’ qualifications, knowledge, skills and behavioural competencies outlined below are ‘must-have’ which will be used in the selection process.
How to Apply
The relevant application form can be accessed on our website at www.teagasc.ie/careers
Completed application forms should be TYPED, saved in PDF format and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm on Tuesday, March 26, 2019. Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence. College Teacher – Horticulture (Ref: CT/BT/0319).
Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. As part of Teagasc Gender and Diversity strategies, Teagasc welcomes a balanced pool of applicants. Canvassing will disqualify.